Tuesday 2 July 2013

H for ‘Happy Holidays’


Yesterday was the last day of my son’s summer vacations. I still remember the very first day, where the thoughts of handling both the kids were like separating salt from the sea. These 45 days were so restless that I just end up picking up toys from the floor, cleaning spilled juices, arranging books lying here & there and even shouting as if some devil has possessed me.

Every morning, I woke up with great enthusiasm to execute number of plans with my kids but as the time passes hour by hour, it just ends up into turmoil. At the end of the day, “Thank God, one more day has passed” were the only words I could utter.

Icing on the cake was the endless holiday homework given to all pity mommies. Ranging from colourful charts to illustrative scrap files and decorative art & craft with all the research behind it.

I wish I had a Magic Lamp with Genie, who, upon rubbing the lamp, comes out and shouts out his loud words, “Your Wish is My Command”. It could have made my job as a mother, much easier and simpler. My simple order of “Make this project for me” would have given me a Wow feeling!! But unfortunately there is no magic lamp, no Genie but me, the poor soul who needs to do it.

One thing which I fail to understand is what the school is going to do with all such masterpieces.  Well, anyhow, I had poured all my creativity in getting all the work to the finishing line for which I certainly deserve a pat on my back.

Holidays are meant to be a period for relaxation and rejuvenation. Schools may have made it like this for kids but not for mothers. For all the supermoms, it is nothing less than winning some battle. They need to spend some leisure time in a spa at a resort, all alone of course, after these summer vacations to charge up themselves for the next battle, Assessments. Well, I can actually imagine myself on a holiday getting a head massage, Ooooo, I really need it!

And now, as the 45 days of back breaking work has come to an end, I have started feeling sentimental for being away from my little hero for major part of the day, 8 hours daily.

How strange it is and I hope you would agree with me that we as human beings react so oddly to a new change in daily routine but as time passes, we are the first one to get adapted to it so quickly and beautifully (Wow, I just got a new topic to write upon).

For me, this year’s summer vacation has gone quite well, Senior learned to dance, Junior learned to stand steadily on his own feet and Husband got a new assignment, but dear God, while I show my gratitude for your kindness on me and my family, please don’t forget to give me more courage to make these much awaited holidays, truly HAPPY HOLIDAYS....

12 comments:

  1. Great line & punches...Once again Well Done "Super Mom"...

    Cheers !!!

    Biswaranjan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for such encouraging words, really appreciate it !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to all super moms...including me...nice one Reema...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shivali !! Appreciate you taking time and commenting on my write-up :-)

      Delete
  4. Blessed to have such a SUPER MOM for my kidos !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks n Blessed to have wonderful husband like u !!

      Delete
  5. Nice Writing Reema!!!

    Realy encouraging the SUPER MOM.


    mz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great job, super mom :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see your feedback & comments :