Tuesday 16 July 2013

Diary of The Strange Neighbour


To read the prequel of this story : The Strange Neighbor, please click here..

It was around end of summer and rainy season had just started. Oh no, now again all clothes will remain wet, water will stagnate on roads and we need to make all plans as per weather condition. Why is that rains never bring any excitement to me.
Life was completely monotonous until something really interesting has happened. “The new neighbours” moved to the house just opposite to ours.
A complete 4 member family, husband (he seems handsome), wife (confused with why did he chose her) and their 2 sons.
Uff, a huge truck arrived in our locality, completely packed with furniture and countless boxes. I was really excited to guess what they must have packed in those big and small boxes. Looking at all those materials, it seems either the family will be of 8 members or his wife must be spendthrift.
One week have now gone by and they finally appeared to be settled into their so called Sweet Home. All this while, I was waiting for her to come to our house, to ask for some help – either to get contact numbers of electrician, plumber or at least for her introduction. But she didn’t come, she seems very proud. Hmm, who cares whether she comes or not. If I would have been at her place, I would have completed this task in 3 days only as I am more experienced as a home maker.
Every now and then I see them going out, I am sure that this lady doesn’t cook any food for the poor husband and kids hence only solution for them is to go out for meal. I am sure, look at their younger son. Though he has completed 1 year (I suppose) but he appears very thin. Aww, poor baby, I wish his mom would feed him properly or maybe I could feed him and make him chubby like my kids.
Whenever they go out I keep on looking at her clothes. Somebody please tell her that she is the mother of 2 and it doesn’t look nice to wear capri and jeans. She thinks of herself as some college going girl and must be spending all of her time in taking care of her looks. Being also a mother of 2 kids, I know what a lady should wear, she must wear salwar kameez and sarees just like me.
One day I went to her to meet her son’s dance tutor. Oh finally I got to know what they must be hiding in those boxes. People living on rent generally don’t buy expensive stuffs and they were having split AC, microwave, dining table, wooden baby cot and many other possessions. She has spent a lot of hard earned money of his poor husband.
Once I asked her to teach computer to my daughter but she just ignored, huh, how rude of her. Whenever I feel like I send my kids to her house to play. After all what are neighbours for, I am sure she must not be busy enough not to take care of 2 more children, like me.
They are definitely a strange family, nahh, husband and kids are fine, I should rather say A Strange Neighbour. One thing is for sure, these types of people add spice and gossip to your monotonous life.
I have just got the news that they might be shifting to a new house very soon. Till now I have not even known much about them and they are going.
God only knows who is going to come in that house but I wish to meet more neighbours like this Strange Neighbour....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS- Please feel free to leave a comment to tell what you like / didn’t like about this write-up. Your suggestions or feedback will always be appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to see your feedback & comments :