Wednesday 19 November 2014

“ME Time” – Time for Yourself


Whenever, I talk to any of my friends, they always complained about time.

“I need some time for myself”, “Oh God, I have become a robot”, “When I am going to get rid of all this”, “When will I start living my life and enjoy it”.

They didn’t have time for themselves. They would ask me about how I manage both the kids and still take out time for my writing and leisure activities.

See, your family, kids and work, all are your top most responsibilities. And, you are definitely doing a great job with all these. But, for one more person, you are responsible and that is no one but YOU!!

Your most deserving “ME Time” not only de-stresses you but also rejuvenates, energizes and recharges you for all the responsibilities you have.

So, I have tried to sum up everything I do to get my “ME Time” in these steps.


1.       Remove Your Guilt: Never feel the guilt of thinking or taking care of yourself. It’s your life and you have the right to live it for your happiness. It’s not some luxury you are asking for…It’s the necessity of every being.

2.       You Deserve It: You need to understand that you completely deserve the “Me Time” from your daily hectic schedule. Hey! Come on, you live for everybody else but you. Taking out some 15 to 30 minutes a day is no big deal.


3.       Decide How To Best Spend It: Only you can answer it. Try to make a list according to the available time and things you love to do. Keep it handy. Whenever you get time, few minutes, some hours or luckily a day, without thinking much start spending time with you and your leisure activity.

It could be reading your favorite author, dancing to your choice of music, pursuing your passion, doing something creative or simply sitting idle.

After all, it’s your time and only you should decide how you want to spend it.

4.       Manage Your Time Best Way: Try to organize things and prepare your to-do list on daily or weekly basis as per your priorities. And, don’t forget to add yourself to it on the top of it.

5.       Talk to Family: Have a word with your spouse, kids and family that you need some time alone and only they can support you in achieving it. Also, share how you want to spend that time. Just share, don’t take suggestions. J

6.       Analyze What Wastes Your Time: It could be anything, social networking sites, messaging, mails, calls, chats or gossips. If you think it’s important, give a limited time slot to all such things. Also, stay away from any negative thought or conversation, they eat up most of the time and energy too.

As my kids are small, I always try to wake up 30 minutes early, enjoy my tea my way and relax, breath and get myself ready for whole day run.
Believe me; whether you are male or female, you all need your exclusive “ME Time”. Not just for yourself but for all the lovely people around you who need your love, care and happiness all the time.


If you like what I have written, do share with me in the comments section below. I am looking forward to your views, comments or anything you want to share.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Reema, You are so right. "Me" time is truly important. No matter for how much time.. sometimes may be some minutes also matter a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks Pooja !! :-)
      You are absolutely right..even few moments with yourself can de-stress you and make you feel rejuvenated.

      Delete
  2. Dear reema all that u hv written is absolutely true.i too hv my me time daily
    .after marriage i believe women dnt get much of admiration which they yearn for thus i take out few min daily without fail n admire myself my strengths my inner n outer beauty n i feel wonderful throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see your feedback & comments :